Grace Lutheran School’s curriculum was specifically developed to take in to consideration our philosophy for Christian education at each grade level and subject.
After reviewing and incorporating federal and state standards we established our goals and standards to meet a diverse educational community. Within the curriculum, we strive to meet and/or exceed those standards established by our state.
The majority of our teachers are trained Lutheran school teachers who are instructed how to incorporate biblical principles in all areas of the curriculum. All of our teachers hold state certification.
Our faculty members use a variety of teaching methods in order to assist in the learning process. These methods are designed to address a variety of learning styles. This differentiated approach allows are teachers to use the most appropriate instructional methods for their age level of student for the material to be covered while meeting any individual needs within the class.
Students needing more direct, small group instruction may qualify for our CARE program. CARE is designed to address academic difficulties stemming from learning disabilities and attention deficits; however the CARE program is not a certified Exceptional Student Education program. This is a referral program.
Grace Lutheran School provides instruction in the following subject areas:
- Language Arts (English, Spelling, Handwriting)
- Social Sciences
- Physical Education
- Florida Virtual School
- Video Production
- Academic Team Competition
- Guitar instruction
- Piano instruction
The following textbooks are used as a resource to complete our curriculum. All of the textbooks used below are from the Florida Department of Education: School Book Depository and are approved by the State of Florida for use in public schools with one exception. The exception is the textbook used in religion which is produced by our national church body for use in our Lutheran Schools.
- Religion – One In Christ, Concordia Publishing House
- Reading – Open Court (Pre-K); Scott Foresman Reading Street (K-5 Grade); McDougal Littell (Middle School)
- English – Write Reflections (K-4); McGraw Hill (5th Grade); Scott Foresman Reading Street(Grammar instruction is integrated with Reading), Houghton Mifflin (Middle School)
- Handwriting – Zaner-Bloser (K-4)
- Spelling – Zaner-Bloser, Scott Foresman Reading Street (Spelling words are integrated into the Reading program)
- Math – Saxon (K-8th Grade)
- Social Studies – Scott Foresman, Holt Rinehart Winston, Macmillan McGraw-Hill (Middle School)
- Science – McGraw-Hill (K-5); Glencoe (Middle School)
- Music – MacMillan (K-6)
- Computer – Prentice Hall